Join our Board of Trustees
Chingford Academies Trust seeks to appoint Trustees to join its governing board. Board meetings are held remotely or at both schools located at E4 7LT and E4 8ES.
Chingford Academies Trust is an outward facing organisation which values collaborative working to improve the life chances for most disadvantaged in its local community. The Trust prides itself on celebrating their students' achievement, raising their aspirations and developing their character. The Trust aims to strengthen the strategic governance of the board and now seeks new Trustees/Non-Executive Directors with expertise in governance, finance, human resources IT/data protection and compliance, estates and premises management including health and safety, marketing, public relations and communication. The board promotes diversity in skill sets and background.
The board seeks business leaders with board level experience in:
- Corporate Governance
- Finance and Human Resources at CFO level or
- IT/Data Protection and Compliance or
- Estates Management/Health and Safety
- Marketing/Public Relations/Communication or
- Supporting change management or
- Corporate governance
As a key member of the board you will support the Trust in achieving the following over the next 12 - 24 months:
- School improvement - cross school improvement strategy ensuring high standards achieved and supporting change management
- Finance - meeting the financial challenges in light of Covid-19
- To support the strategic five year plan for the development of the estate alongside realising funding to ensure this happens
- To find greater value for money regarding the contracts and services used by all the schools within the Trust.
Board governance in education is a strategic, “eyes on, hands off2 commitment which typically involves attending circa 4-5 board meetings plus 3-6 local governing body meetings per year.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As a member of National Governance Association, you will have access to a range of resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
People from diverse backgrounds and under 40s are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role. Click here for the Role Descriptors for a Trustee.